A coincidence is defined as a chance happening in a surprising or remarkable way, but when does a coincidence turn into something more? That you need to decide for yourself, because when coincidences turns to something more is not what I’m talking about. But I am talking about an unusual number of coincidences between two U.S. presidents in the United States history. Abraham Lincoln and John F. Kennedy, two great presidents, have many weird similarities.
![]() |
A coincidence is defined as a chance happening in a surprising or remarkable way, but when does a coincidence turn into something more? That you need to decide for yourself, because when coincidences turns to something more is not what I’m talking about. But I am talking about an unusual number of coincidences between two U.S. presidents in the United States history. Abraham Lincoln and John F. Kennedy, two great presidents, have many weird similarities.
Abraham Lincoln was elected to Congress in 1846 and John f. Kennedy was elected 100 years later to Congress in 1946. Not only are the years they were elected to congress 100 years apart, but the years they were elected president, 1860 and 1960, are 100 years apart. OK, by now you’re probably thinking, “So what? That’s not that unusual of a coincidence.” But here’s more. Both successors had the last name Johnson and they were both southerners. Andrew Johnson (who succeeded Lincoln) was born in 1808, and Lyndon Johnson (who succeeded Kennedy) was born in 1908.
They were both assassinated by being shot in the head while they were sitting next to their wives. Both presidents died on a Friday, although Lincoln was shot on a Thursday, and Kennedy was shot on a Friday. Lincoln was shot in the Fords Theatre, and Kennedy was shot in a Ford Lincoln. Not only that, but John Wilkes Booth shot Lincoln in a theater and ran and hid in a warehouse, and Lee Harvey Oswald shot Kennedy from a warehouse and ran and hid in a theater. After being caught, both assassins were killed before their trials.
To me these coincidences seem to be more than just coincidences, because of the number of events happening to two very important people in our history, and the chance of it happening being so small. And there is still a lot of debate on whether these are just random things that they have in common, a glitch in something we can’t imagine, or maybe something supernatural. What do you think?
Information:
Pictures:
Abraham Lincoln: http://www.stonescryout.org/archives/2005/02/for_presidentas.html
John F. Kennedy: http://www.bartleby.com/124/pres56.html
Abraham Lincoln: http://www.stonescryout.org/archives/2005/02/for_presidentas.html
John F. Kennedy: http://www.bartleby.com/124/pres56.html

I think this is quite odd. I think maybe there's a link between the two assasins that killed both presidents. But I don't really know. Just a guess.
ReplyDelete